“When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.” – Maya Angelou
The realization may come over time, or it can occur as the result of a single critical incident. You have a poor-fit player in a key management or project position.
Consider the many ways poor-fit talent can make their presence known. For example:
• Under-performance due to skill deficits
• Inability or unwillingness to act on performance feedback
• Counterproductive – or toxic – personality traits
• Lack of alignment with the organization’s core strategy or culture
• Increased interpersonal or departmental conflict